pixelfreshstudios.com home for more info pixelfreshstudios.com
patrick on facebookpatrick on myspacepatrick on virbpixelfreshstudios.com

Thursday, August 28, 2008

reflections.

So lately Bethany and I have felt a little like we are stuck, in life right now.. I don't know if it is just a feeling, or a reality..

I know that for me I grew up in Cincinnati, OH my whole life and then moved out to CA in the fall of 2003.

Cincinnati is a place that you settle down have a house, get married, and have kids.. but rarely do you ever leave. It is really family oriented, and very very conservative and traditional.. California is a little different, at least for me.. Ever sense I moved out here I have been on the move. I went to school for a year in Redding, and then lived in the Yosemite valley area for almost a month. I then moved to San Diego for the summer for an internship at a church down there.. After the summer I moved up to the San Francisco bay area, kind of looking for direction.. A few months later, I moved back to Redding and have been here ever sense [almost 4 yrs.]..

Bethany has a similar moving story. From Michigan to China to San Francisco to Kyrgyzstan back to San Francisco to Redding to San Diego to Redding again..

So we both have been very mobile, especially in the last few years..

As of now we have been married for almost four years [December 17th].. and have been in the same apartment that whole time. Which would be fine, but we live in a 2 bedroom apartment that holds me Bethany, our son Josiah and my home office.. The neighbors are loud at night, and kids are up way too late into the night. Police are always in our neighborhood [which is good and bad] and lately there have been a few domestic disturbances.

We know that we need to get out of our apartment as soon as we can. We don't know where we are supposed to go, at this point, though.. Please pray for us in this!.

4 comments:

Becky Moseley said...

I've told Bethany this but I'll tell you, too. We are totally praying for a new place for you guys! Maybe a little house or even just a quieter apartment.

It's out there somewhere. Just continue to seek and the Lord will lead you right to it.

Unknown said...

I think that you need to come back home to Cincinnati for (at least) the next four years....You know "equal" time? (smile) Seriously, maybe there is a cute little apartment/condo/townhouse here where you grew up. And just think, you'd have a great babysitter! Then you guys could go out and have some alone time! I'm just sayin'.....Hey, 28 days and we're on the plane to see you guys! I love you and can't wait to see you guys and Josiah, of course. Love, Mom

JUAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JUAN said...

Reading your blog something struck my heart..

It's evident that you have a lot of support regarding the future of your family... And I think it's great that people are offering you prayer.. But for me, I believe we as believers in Christ use that as a cop-out, We like to high-tail it away from action and say.. I'll be praying for you" But if we are honest with ourselves, that's just common "christianese lingo"...

Nothing falls on our laps right? I know first hand it comes from hard work, sweat and lots of sacrifice. We need to act not only through prayer... but through actions.. right?

If it's money... we've seen that our body can raise 18 grand in a short period of time... If it's housing.. resources or anything else .people in our church get "hooked" up all the time.... especially if you're a pastor.. It's evident you don't have a "pastor card" maybe Nate or Dan will let you borrow theirs..

We've talked about being family, this is what it's about!... And for me Patrick, you are putting your family on display and asking.... I want to make sure you're getting a "significant" response from us... If not, I'll go to battle for you, I'll start calling out the people that are just being lazy. That need to get off their butts and do something to help their brothers and sisters. I rarely see anyone that will stand in the hot sun trying to wash a bunch of stupid cars to help someone close to them that is in need.. But we'll do it if we are heading to Africa.. My uncle told me a story about when he washed cars in the rain so he could help a family member buy food and diapers for his kid. These are the kinds of things that matter... If we want to be the Church in Acts heres our chance..

I think first things first Stirring Church.. lets get our family out of that apartment..