pixelfreshstudios.com home for more info pixelfreshstudios.com
patrick on facebookpatrick on myspacepatrick on virbpixelfreshstudios.com

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Portland.. day 4.

Well really this should be called Portland, and then Seattle.. or something, because today we left and headed for Seattle..
This morning we decided to check out Imago Dei church.. I had heard a lot about it, I read "Blue Like Jazz".. and I was intrigued. Though I didn't run into Donald Miller, we still had fun.. The message was pretty powerful. He was talking about the prayers that Jesus prays for us..

After that we headed back tot he place that we were staying, packed our bags and headed to Seattle.. The drive was pretty boring, until we got just outside the city.. We ran into a little traffic, but not too bad. I took some pictures with my laptop camera..

When we arrived at the place where we are staying, it was pretty cool, well really it was still a little warm and humid.. but the people that we are staying with are cool and one of them is an interior designer, so there place looked pretty neat.

Oh I forgot, when we pulled up we went to grab Josiah and found that he had pooped, and it was all over the seat and his clothes.. so we had to pretty much go into the house and give him an emergency bath. After that, we just kind of hung out and unwound a bit.

We then decided that we wanted to go check out Mars Hill and so we found out that it was pretty much down the street and headed there. It was really good.. The church is in a warehouse, and has a really simple yet modern feel to it.. I really thought that this is what the Stirring would look like in a few years.. The kids area was pretty normal, but they give every parent a pager and page them if their kid is melting down.. Of course Josiah was great. The worship music was a little different, they do a lot of there own music. They also did some songs that I recognized, but with their own style to it.. It was good, just different. Pastor Mark was gone, so the normal worship pastor was the one who gave the message, and again it was a good hard message about Jonah and idolatry.. God hates it!.

We left there and headed out for some food, the recommendation that we got was for this Thai place in this little area that reminded me a lot of the San Louis Obisbo area.. I was really good food, and since we really didn't eat much that whole day, we ordered a lot of food. Afterward we walked around for a bit, and for the first time it was pretty cool, weather wise.


Then we came back and ended up watching "Walk the Line" and going to bed.. good day, until tomorrow..

Poll: What is that one movie that you haven't seen that everyone else has, but you just haven't gotten around to it yet?..

3 comments:

nathan said...

we miss you guys ... we're praying for you, that God would speak and make things clear ... thanks for always encouraging me and holding up my arms ...

Candace said...

Answer: Walk the Line

JUAN said...

That is awesome you got a change to go to Mars Hill.. Mark Driscoll is one of my favs.. in fact if I ever become a pastor I think I'm going to model my sermons after him and the Hulk..