pixelfreshstudios.com home for more info pixelfreshstudios.com
patrick on facebookpatrick on myspacepatrick on virbpixelfreshstudios.com

Sunday, March 2, 2008

breaking the blog silence.. momentarily.

sorry for not blogging... but I have some serious issues right now. Mostly with Apple.. Yes, after almost 3 lovely years with them.. I have had some many problems in the last few months with not one, but both of my laptops [one is my wife's].. So tomorrow I will be sending my powerbook G4 to a guy and I hope that it comes back fixed, and won't cost too much. As for my wife's MacBook I ordered a new hard drive and some more RAM that should do the trick..

I should start a discussion called "things that people should tell you before you buy something.." maybe come up with a shorter name though..

Here are a few things..

1. Most cell phone batteries are not supposed to last more than a year.. [Bethany figured this out] thanks for the heads up Verizon..

2. Most hard drives are not supposed to last more than a year and a half.. [Once again Bethany figured this out].. thanks apple.

3. Sometimes if you have a laptop for years and there doesn't seem to be any problems with it.. it might not turn on after you turn it off.. [Yep that is what happened to me]

These are just a few things that everyone may need to know before they purchase something of value.. One more thing is I think everyone should buy apple care for their computers if they want any help from apple..

Thanks for reading.. I don't know when I will have time to post again, but when and if I do... I have some pictures from a trip that I took to San Francisco that I will put on here.

Talk to you soon..

Poll: What frustrations are you dealing with at the moment..? or What is something that you wished that someone told you before you purchased something.?

3 comments:

Trevor said...

I just found that battery one, too. But my hard drive should have lasted more than five months. Flippin' a.

Frustrations: jobs, living situation, relationships. Those three seem to be pretty common.

Anonymous said...

So i left this comment but then realized i was logged in on my wifes account so i had to delete it.. so here it is . . . i have had my G4 for about the same time you have... i hope mine doesn't poop out on me.. i think i will back everything up tomorrow... Just remember, if you had bought a PC you would have had 100 more problems instead of 2 or 3.. hehe.. hope everything turns out well.

Unknown said...

Jeremy's right, Macs do have a better quality rating than any other laptop manufacturer. But, the advantage of a PC is that anyone can fix them, and the replacement parts are a lot cheaper. And you have a lot more parts to choose from, so you can buy better, more durable components in the first place.

So, if you would rather pay for service--if time is more valuable than money--then a Mac is good. If you want to know how the thing works and you like finding deals on parts and fixing things yourself (and saving mone), then a PC is better. Unless it's a Dell or an emachines.