pixelfreshstudios.com home for more info pixelfreshstudios.com
patrick on facebookpatrick on myspacepatrick on virbpixelfreshstudios.com

Thursday, March 19, 2009

a little birdhouse in your soul..

Ok, so first of all, who of you know what I am making reference to in that title.?
So as some of you know, yesterday I was summoned for jury duty, I had to be there from 8 - 3pm, and I wasn't even picked to serve..

but while in the court room, the very thorough judge said, "not to put too fine a point on it".. My first thought was, "who actually uses that statement in a normal sentence".. Then I immediately, in my head started singing, "..say I'm the only bee in your bonnet, make a little birdhouse in your soul.."
They Might Be Giants - "Birdhouse In Your Soul" It was really weird to hear someone use that phrase in a sentence, not relating to that song..

This made me think of a few other weird songs/bands that I used to listen to, like..

  • The Presidents of the United States of America - "Lump", "Kitty", "Peaches", "Dune Buggy", "Feather Pluckn" [weird songs]..
  • They Might Be Giants - "Istanbul", "Particle Man"..
  • Spacehog
  • Silverchair
POLL: What are some of the weird songs/bands that you used to listen to?

3 comments:

JUAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JUAN said...

Butthole Surfers.

Unknown said...

Hey dude, I'm back in the world of blogs...enjoyin your blog.
Wierdest song I ever enjoyed was Lisa Lobe "Stay" not that wierd of a song, just wierd how much I enjoyed it...