pixelfreshstudios.com home for more info pixelfreshstudios.com
patrick on facebookpatrick on myspacepatrick on virbpixelfreshstudios.com

Monday, September 8, 2008

John & Nessa

I have kind of decided that I want to be able to shoot some family photos, engagement photos, maybe wedding photos, and the such.. for people that I know.. and also people that I can get to know..
I bought a camera a while back, and have been using it for different things here and there mostly for web stuff and personal family stuff.. But now I am venturing off into unknown territory.. I don't 100% know what I am doing yet, but I want to learn, and grow in this area [I also want to try and teach Bethany to do some shooting as well..] All that to say, if you are a family or an engaged couple, or just need pictures for something.. Please talk to me.. Like I said, at this point I am just growing and learning, so my rates are pretty negotiable..

So this past week I got a chance to take some pictures for John and Nessa.. They will be getting married this winter. It was fun taking their pictures, but it was really hot. If you look at the sweat beads on John's head you can see what I am talking about.. So I definitely learned a few things in this shoot:

1. Don't schedule a photo shoot in the middle of the day in the summer.
2. Don't shoot photos under the shade of the trees [it cast weird shadows, mostly uneven..]
3. Don't stand in the Sacramento river and shoot [the water is really, really cold]
..

Here are some of my favorites from the shoot..

Let me know what you think..

4 comments:

JUAN said...

I guess the one with me looking at jeremy's crazy stash got deleted.. haha...

It was good hanging.. Julie said she really enjoys bethany and wants to hang with her soon..

nathan said...

your talent amazes me ... when you get really good, let's do a shoot with my family ... ha! ...

John Miller said...

I like the ones where I'm all blurred out. Those are coolest. And... Who is that amazing beautiful woman!!! oi vey!!

Darren said...

That last pic is very cool! That should be a huge peice of art for that couple. Wicked, man. Good work.