pixelfreshstudios.com home for more info pixelfreshstudios.com
patrick on facebookpatrick on myspacepatrick on virbpixelfreshstudios.com

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Safe Place.

We live in a special place. When is the last time that you’ve said that? These past few months, I've been realizing how special Redding, CA is.. I mean everywhere in this town there is a sense of God’s presence. I was at Starbucks the other day and realized that there were at least five conversations about Jesus and what he is doing. We live in a special place, but I also realize that some of us, my self included, are wasting our time here in the special place.

This is a safe place. This is a place to train and grow in what we are supposed to do for your entire life. If we can’t do it here, why do we think that we can do it somewhere else?

God has been really showing me that we need to be stepping out in faith in the safe places, so that we can conquer the dangerous ones.

I think that Simpson University has a huge opportunity to equip and empower world changers. I think that practicum, and internships, could be so much more than getting people involved in local churches, it may not all be that way that is just my impression, but it could be challenging students to take leadership of something for a semester, or more, and have some thing to look back on and say, “wow! That was hard, but I really feel that I learned something and helped started something that is going to last”.

I am not saying that I have all the answers, in fact, I am not saying that I have any of the answers.. I would like to start a conversation, and hopefully challenge us to think about where we are at, and that we have been placed here on purpose.

Poll: Do you know why God has placed you here at this moment in time?

2 comments:

Trevor said...

I remember when I graduated Simpson, I wanted to stay in Redding so much. I grew so much there, and it had become "my town", I knew the ins and outs (and in n out), and it was comfortable. So I set out to find a job and stay there, and then God put me in Ometepec, then Eureka, then Occidental, then Eureka (again, I hate that place), and now in Portland. I miss many things about Redding, but am glad to be where I am.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Redding is full of God. I need to step out in faith more...