pixelfreshstudios.com home for more info pixelfreshstudios.com
patrick on facebookpatrick on myspacepatrick on virbpixelfreshstudios.com

Saturday, May 3, 2008

we need a new car.


So on Wednesday of last week, Bethany and I went to Applebee's.. and as we left our car ['96 volkswagon Jetta] the alarm went out for no reason. We thought nothing of it, because we had been having lots of problems with the electrical parts of this car [door locks, windows and air bags, not working. It also needs a new clutch]..

Then yesterday we had this guy over for dinner, my wife is an amazing cook.. After dinner I got this great idea to go out and get some ice cream, actually a chocolate milk shake. Bethany suggested Loard's Ice Cream over off of Athens, but it was closed.. So we headed to a place we knew would be open, Baskin Robins.

Let me just say, I really don't like ice cream that much, because when I lived in Ohio I had a friend that worked at an amazing ice cream shop called "Graeters" Oprah mentioned it as one of her favorite ice creams. Anyhoo.. you know how it is when friends work at a place like that, I had so much ice cream that I kind of lost interest in it..

Ok back to the story.. when we left Baskin Robins I unlocked the doors like normal, and Bethany open one of them and the alarm went off.. I then ran across to the other side to quickly disable the alarm. We then tried it again.. it didn't work.. and again, and again.. I tried to see if there was a fuse that I could pull, nothing. I tried starting the car with the door open, and that didn't work.. At this point we were kind of stuck.. There was nothing we could do. Then a thought popped into my head, "what if we tried starting the car while the key in the passenger side door was in the unlocked position.?" Voila, it worked, but to be sure I had to ask this guy to key the key in the whole way home.. Thanks again, by the way..

I got home and called anyone I knew about the car, and I got about the same response.. I called the dealership, and they said that I need to have it towed in [to Chico], and that it would cost about $360 to get it fixed..

So we are still going to be calling repair shops around town, but we have to wait until Monday.

We had been talking about needing a new car anyway [probably not a volkswagon], so this is, I guess, a forced issue now.. We don't have the money, and we are not very experienced in buying/selling cars, so if you have any advice, we would love to hear it..

Please pray, and if you could help out with a ride here/there that would be great.

Thanks for reading.

B-T-W.. The picture of the car is not really our car, but I thought that it captured the point of this blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ask Nate about his secret mechanic that saves him lots of $$$

the lains said...

I kept thinking that the car must of caught on fire...the pic...

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing about the fire.

that cracks me up though that you would even think to try so many combinations.

I probably would have started pulling wires and everything.

Katrina said...

I know it's a bit late, but have you looked at craigslist? sometimes you can find a killer deal on a new car on there. =)