pixelfreshstudios.com home for more info pixelfreshstudios.com
patrick on facebookpatrick on myspacepatrick on virbpixelfreshstudios.com

Monday, December 13, 2010

She's better off.. but we aren't.


I woke up this morning, just like any other day, got out of bed and played with my kids kissed my wife and left for work for the day. As soon as I started walking down the street it hit me, I really miss my mom..


You see as long as I can remember, every year around Thanksgiving/Christmas time my mom would become the Christmas guru.. Our house would transform into the winter wonderland. She would throw on old Christmas vinyls from names like Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, and some of the Rat Pack.. and we would decorate the Christmas tree and make cookies, it would be an all day event. After we had the house all decorated we would end up on the couch and watch whatever Christmas movie was on, with our hot chocolate and cookies by the television.

I really miss those times, you know the times when we weren't fighting, we weren't thinking about the cost of things, or what we needed to do next.. Family is so valuable and I really appreciate the family that I came from. They have taught me that no matter where you are at, no matter who you have become, family will always be there for you.. with love.

So as for the title of this blog.. I was thinking on my walk today about my mom and this thought came to me, "she is better off where she is, but we are not better off without her". She changed everyone's life that was around her, and I believe for the better. So as we will continually miss her, we must remember what she showed us while she was here. To be love and share that love.

1 comment:

hapi said...

Hi patrick hardy, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!